Congratulation to Mitra and Amin for their new article in the journal of Biointerphases titled:
Also, we would like to thank Dr. Crawford and his team in the the Department of Biology at UNB
Our new book chapter published in “High Energy and Short Pulse Lasers”
Dr. Kiani’s portfolio at NBIF website; thanks to NBIF for its support during last years!
Congratulations to Candace for successfully defending her MSc proposal on “Nanosecond Laser Processing of Silicon for Bio-MEMS & Bionic Device Fabrication”.
Congratulations to Mitra for successfully defending her MSc dissertation on “Bioactivity Enhancement of Titanium by Micro/Nano Laser Surface Texturing”.
Silicon Hall presentations in the 11th Annual Mechanical Engineering Graduate Conference (MEGSC11):
- Candace Colpitts: The Effect of Frequency on the Enhancement of the Biocompatibility of Silicon with Laser Texturing / Session 3; 1:20 p.m.
- Arash Davari Zanjani: Synthesis of Onion-like Carbon in Atmospheric Conditions Using a 3-Phase Plasma Reactor / Session 3; 1:40 p.m.
- Mitra Radmanesh: Bio-Activation of Titanium Surface with Nanosecond Laser Pulses for Improving Cell Proliferation / Session 3; 2:20 p.m.
Summary of 2015 @ Silicon Hall:
- Mitra has published three journal and two conference papers; she has successfully defended her MSc proposal and she has been the recipient of NBHRF award for 2015-16 academic year.
- Arash has successfully defended his proposal
- Candace has joined Silicon Hall in sept. 2015; and in this very short time, she has one accepted conference and one submitted journal paper
- Welcome to Babak! he will join us officially as a first PhD student in January 2016
- Amin will be continuing his exciting work in collaboration with the department of biology and we will submit his first journal paper very soon
- Piao, MITACS Globalink Research Intern, has two accepted conference papers (co-author)