Home » Posts tagged 'Silicon Hall'
Tag Archives: Silicon Hall
Congratulations to Sarah for winning the third place at this year’s Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition.
#3MThesis, #siliconhall, #3MT
Many congratulations to Candace on completing her dissertation and defending her MSc! That is a huge accomplishment that requires a tremendous amount of hard work and dedication. Candace’s perseverance over the past two years has finally paid off.
It was an absolute pleasure and pride for Silicon Hall team to work with her and we wish her all the best as she embarks on a new chapter in her life.
Congratulation to Babak for his great work published in the journal of AIP Advances
Many congratulations to Candace and Amin for their amazing work: “Mammalian fibroblast cells show strong preference for laser-generated hybrid amorphous silicon-SiO2 textures” published in the Journal of Applied Biomaterials & Functional Materials.
Colpitts, C., Ektesabi, A. M., Wyatt, R. A., Crawford, B. D., & Kiani, A. (2016). Mammalian fibroblast cells show strong preference for laser-generated hybrid amorphous silicon-SiO2 textures. Journal of applied biomaterials & functional materials, 0.
Congratulations to Candace for successfully defending her MSc proposal on “Nanosecond Laser Processing of Silicon for Bio-MEMS & Bionic Device Fabrication”.
Congratulations to Mitra for successfully defending her MSc dissertation on “Bioactivity Enhancement of Titanium by Micro/Nano Laser Surface Texturing”.
Silicon Hall presentations in the 11th Annual Mechanical Engineering Graduate Conference (MEGSC11):
- Candace Colpitts: The Effect of Frequency on the Enhancement of the Biocompatibility of Silicon with Laser Texturing / Session 3; 1:20 p.m.
- Arash Davari Zanjani: Synthesis of Onion-like Carbon in Atmospheric Conditions Using a 3-Phase Plasma Reactor / Session 3; 1:40 p.m.
- Mitra Radmanesh: Bio-Activation of Titanium Surface with Nanosecond Laser Pulses for Improving Cell Proliferation / Session 3; 2:20 p.m.
Summary of 2015 @ Silicon Hall:
- Mitra has published three journal and two conference papers; she has successfully defended her MSc proposal and she has been the recipient of NBHRF award for 2015-16 academic year.
- Arash has successfully defended his proposal
- Candace has joined Silicon Hall in sept. 2015; and in this very short time, she has one accepted conference and one submitted journal paper
- Welcome to Babak! he will join us officially as a first PhD student in January 2016
- Amin will be continuing his exciting work in collaboration with the department of biology and we will submit his first journal paper very soon
- Piao, MITACS Globalink Research Intern, has two accepted conference papers (co-author)